Monday, October 26, 2015

Southern Cheese Biscuits - Recipe #111

It seems fitting that the last two recipes in the Loose Recipe Challenge are family recipes. This savory cookie has arrived at our doorstep countless times as part of a Christmas care package from Trent's mom, but this was the first time I had baked it on my own. The rolls were so crumbly, I was certain that I had not followed the recipe correctly, but by the time they chilled, I was able to cut them into the small slices necessary.

Just one more recipe to go...
Southern Cheese Biscuits
  • 2-3 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
Mix together then add:
  • 10 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
Form into rolls and chill. Slice thinly, sprinkle with sugar, top with pecan half, and bake at 350 degrees for 10 min. or until edges just begin to brown. Sprinkle again with sugar.

From Modie, Trent's great-grandmother.

No comments: