Monday, October 12, 2015

Rolo Treats - Recipe #102

Monday nights I work until 8:05 p.m., rush off to the bus that leaves at 8:11 p.m. and return home by 8:35-ish. So any recipe that I make on a Monday is typically either something that requires morning prep time, such as a slow cooker meal, or something so easy it barely counts as a recipe. Last Monday, during my ¨lunch¨ break at 4 p.m., I headed to Roger's Market to pick up the majority of the remaining ingredients needed for the Recipe Challenge. As I unloaded my basket with pretzels and Rolos, I felt like defending myself by saying ¨really, most of the time, I have fresh healthy food¨, though I suppose in the grand scheme of things, pretzels are a ¨healthy¨ junk food.

My good friends who hosted my bridal shower shared this recipe with me, one that they've used at many a party. It's easy enough for a late night and scalable - I made just the number of Rolo treats as there are Rolos in a package. Yummy and small enough that you don't feel any guilt over eating one or two.

Rolo Treats
  • pretzels
  • Rolos
  • pecans
Layer a baking sheet with pretzels.
Stack a single Rolo candy on each pretzel.
Preheat oven on bake to 250 degrees.
Bake pretzels and Rolos for 4 minutes.
Place pecan on top of Rolo and pretzel and press.
Cool in fridge - enjoy!

Makes: as many as you want

No comments: