Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Elenor's Eclairs - Recipe # 103

Another extraordinarily simple dessert recipe. Rather than making a complete recipe, I used leftover graham crackers from an earlier dessert and just half of the pudding. Well, I tried to use just half of the pudding - however, when I was at the store, I couldn't remember whether I was supposed to buy a small package or a large package, so I erred on the side of getting too much. After my 8 x 8 pan of eclairs was finished, I still had half a box of pudding leftover that remains in my refrigerator. This would be a fun recipe to make with young children. A little too much reliance on already prepped ingredients for me to enlist into my normal routine, though I'll keep it for the sentimental value.

Elenor's Eclairs
  • 2 small packages instant vanilla pudding
  • 3 cups milk
  • Graham crackers
  • Chocolate cake frosting
Cover the bottom of a 9¨ x 13¨ pan with graham crackers. Combine pudding mix with 3 cups of milk and spread on top of crackers. Top with another layer of graham crackers. Add a layer of ready-made chocolate cake frosting. It may be easier to quickly frost top crackers before putting them on pudding layer, then fill in any gaps. Allow layers to ¨blend¨ in refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.

Elenor was Jack's (Trent's grandfather) long-time secretary and bookkeeper.

No comments: