Saturday, October 10, 2015

Little Cheesecakes - Recipe #100

Wow - a milestone. One hundred recipes made from the Loose Recipe Challenge. Hard to believe that it's almost finished. We had dinner and game night at a friend's house last week. As I had worked that day, I nearly didn't prepare a recipe until Trent reminded me how little time (and how many desserts) I had left. This is another of the recipes that I received one Christmas from Trent's mom. It got good reviews from the other dinner guests.

Little Cheesecakes
Beat together:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Pour into well greased muffin tins (do not skimp on this step - I had a heck of a time getting them out intact, even from the silicone cookware) - 6 for dessert size, 10-12 for smaller treat size. Bake at 375 for 15-30 minutes depending on size, until knife comes out clean. Remove from tins while warm. Top with sweetened sour cream or serve with fresh or frozen fruit (I took advantage of the season and sauteed some apples in butter with a little cinnamon and sugar and mixed with some caramel sauce remaining from another dessert-making foray). Double recipe and freeze extras.

No comments: