Saturday, October 17, 2015

Kristy's Yummy Butternut Squash Soup - Recipe #106

Another delicious recipe from my bridal shower. This was the first time, I'd made it because 1) Trent doesn't care for squash and 2) it is a pain to peel squash. Well, though I avoided any injury, it is painful to peel the squash, so next time I'll likely purchase a pre-cut Trader Joe's bag o' squash, rather than painstakingly hacking away at my CSA beauty. I had a teeny-tiny squash that only made two-cups worth of cubed squash so I only made one-third of a recipe - just a perfect individual size recipe. Even with only one cube of bouillon, it was fairly salty, so I will probably make it in homemade veggie broth next time. Yum, yum, yummy.

Kristy's Yummy Butternut Squash Soup
  • 6 tbls. chopped onion
  • 1 tbs. margarine (I used butter)
  • 6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
  • 3 cups water
  • 4 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
  • 1 3 oz. package cream cheese
In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes or until squash is tender.

Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan and heat through. Do not boil.

(Note reads: This is my FAVORITE on a cold evening! :))

No comments: