Friday, October 9, 2015

Mom's Berry Muffins - Recipe #99

Mom's berry muffins are part of the taste of my childhood. No mixes for us - our baked goods were from scratch. And when blackberry season began, we had pies, muffins, shortbread and more to use up some of nature's bounty. So at my bridal shower, I was pleased that this was the recipe she chose to share. This time, I used some of the last batch of raspberries from the Wallingford Farmer's Market. I should have known that in late September they'd be better baking-berries than eating-berries. I shared them at a friend's brunch and then with another friend, as I knew that recipes for numerous other baked goods were coming up soon.


  • 1 c. white flour
  • 1 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1 T. baking powder
  • 2 t. sugar or honey
  • 1/8 t. salt
  • 1/4 t. ground cloves (I was out, so substituted allspice)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c. oil
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 c. berries
  • 1/2 t. cinnamon (for berries)
  • 1 T. sugar (for berries)
Mix dry ingredients. Make a well. Place egg and oil in well and beat slightly. Pour in milk and stir until all ingredients are moist. Mix berries, cinnamon and sugar separately and fold into the mixture. Bake in muffin tin at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments: