Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Golden Potatoes - Recipe #97

Funny how long it took me to make this classic Thanksgiving dish from Trent's mom. I think the sheer amounts scared me off. Fortunately, I am perfectly fine with halving or quartering a recipe, as I did here. I just can't imagine how long it would take me and Trent to finish off 8 potatoes. Two is much more manageable for two people - and even still, we had some leftover. Very tasty, but dangerous to make too often, as I have very little resistance when it comes to cheesy potatoes.

Golden Potatoes
  • 8 potatoes
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I used extra-sharp)
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onion
  • 2 cups sour cream
Boil potatoes in skins, refrigerate overnight (I started this process at the same time I made my pickles and ribs), then peel, grate, salt and pepper them the next day. Toss lightly with rest of ingredients, place in casserole and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Can use more potatoes to make healthier, adding some skim milk if necessary, still good! Serves 8 to 10.

Variation: make with a combination of potatoes and sweet potatoes

No comments: