Sunday, October 11, 2015

Salmon with Chili-Honey Glaze - Recipe #101

The race continues. The closer I get to the end, the more likely I am to make only one-half the recipe, just so my refrigerator doesn't explode. This recipe was quite good, though I prefer a drier, less sweet rub for my salmon in general. It was the perfect end to a sunny sail to Kingston last Sunday. Not a very complex recipe, but it still feels fancy. Plus I had stayed up to late the night before playing board games and was sleepy enough that I wouldn't have trusted myself with anything too complex.

Salmon with Chili-Honey Glaze
  • 1 1/3 lb. salmon fillet
  • 2 T orange juice
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 3 T honey
  • 1 t ground cumin
  • 1 t ground chili powder
  • 1 small minced green chili
  • 1/4 t salt
  • freshly ground pepper
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon in foil-lined baking pan.

Combine orange and lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder and minced chili, stirring well to dissolve the honey.

Pour about half the glaze over the salmon, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake 12 minutes per inch of thickness (this is where I regretted that my oven thermometer had died and the new one hadn't yet arrived). Halfway through the cooking time, pour the remaining glaze on top. When the salmon is cooked through, remove from the oven. Spoon the thickened glaze in the bottom of the pan over the salmon and serve.

Serves 4.

No comments: