Saturday, November 15, 2014

Snickerdoodle Biscotti - Recipe #23

Tuesday was Veteran's Day, a government holiday, which means that all of my friends in library land had the day off while most of the others were not as lucky. Trent thought that he probably did not have to go to work, but he wasn't completely sure.

I awoke at 4:15 (I think my internal clock was still on Daylight Saving Time), ate a guacamole and hummus breakfast sandwich and read a little before going back to bed at 5 to nap a bit before my running date. Brr, Green Lake was cold! After returning home, I decided that the best way to warm up myself and the house would be to bake Snickerdoodle Biscotti, a new-to-me recipe from the November 2000 issue of Cooking Light. The only fat comes from 1 T of oil and 3 eggs. This is a relatively easy recipe to make - though I ended up with far fewer than 30 biscotti.

Trent woke up during the last 20 or 15 minutes of baking time. I made breakfast for him (I really enjoy making breakfast for friends and family, so you have an open invitation to come visit, as long as you give reasonable advance notice). As he ate, he learned that indeed, he did have to go to work - but not without taking a few of these crispy treats with him.

I packed up a few to bring to the old neighborhood, where I visited with my forever-friend Aubrey and her new son. After lunch, we returned to her house for a tea/coffee and biscotti break, where they were pronounced delicious. This was a great alternative to going out to another business after the little one proclaimed it time to go home.

I brought a couple of others to my parents, who live across the street. We had a nice visit, and though I had another cup of tea, this time I left both cookies for them.

No comments: