Saturday, November 22, 2014

Quick and Easy Pumpkin Bread - Recipe #29

As an aspiring minimalist, I prefer experience gifts or consumables to most other types of objects (with some noted exceptions). One year for Christmas, I asked members of my family and Trent's family to give me some of their favorite family recipes. Trent's mom and I looked through her recipe box for those that looked most delectable to me and then she printed them out on recipe cards with cute food-themed stickers. Quick & Easy Pumpkin Bread is one of those recipes. I pulled it out recently to go with the pumpkin craze of the season. Initially I poured the batter into two small loaf pans, but they didn't look full enough, so I switched to one big one that was overly full. I'm not sure how long I actually baked it - more like an hour than the 15-20 minutes that the muffin option would have been. We ate slices of pumpkin bread for tea time and breakfast for several days. I don't normally use mixes anymore, but in this delicious case, I made an exception.

1 pkg. spice cake mix
3 lg. eggs
1/3 cup water
1 can pumpkin, 15 oz.
1/3 cup oil
1 cup chopped nuts (optional - I used walnuts, my go-to baking nut)

Blend all ingredients until moistened, then beat for 2 min. at medium speed. Add chopped nuts if desired.

Fill greased loaf pans or muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 min. for muffins, longer for loaf pans.

What is your favorite quick bread recipe?

No comments: