Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Pork Tenderloin - Recipe #86

My mom emailed me early last week asking if Trent and I would like to get together in the afternoon or evening on Easter, so I decided it would be the perfect time to pull out this recipe from Trent's mom (via Trent, rather than the recipe cards she printed for me). I also prepared some roasted veggies (carrots, onions and celery), dinner rolls and a massaged kale salad. I have to remember that this is the very best kind of dinner to prepare for guests, as it allows you to sit and visit after having done the prep work before they come over. Delicious and with plenty of leftovers for sandwiches or fried rice.
  • 2 - 3 lb. tenderloin
  • 1/4 c. chopped green onions
  • 2 T. soy sauce
  • 1 t. Dijon mustard
  • 3/4 c. red wine/dry sherry
Marinate meat with other ingredients. Brown in butter or oil. Add reserved marinade some chopped potatoes and mushrooms. Simmer checking often and adding liquid if low. Cook until meat reaches temperature of 145 degrees, about 30-45 minutes.

No comments: