Sunday, April 5, 2015

Burgers Three Ways - Recipes 72A, B & C

Spring is in the air. Blossoming trees, families emerging from their houses squinting at that bright globe in the sky. And the occasional scent of charcoal, lighter fluid and grilling meat as I bicycle down the Interurban Trail.

My Cajun Blue Cheese burgers were so tasty that when I noticed the three source recipes on a random shipping label from 2006 (courtesy of Trent), I decided to make each and every one of them as part of the recipe challenge. While I did not grill any of them (unless you count a George Foreman grill), they would be perfect for a spring BBQ. All tasty in their own ways, but Trent's ultimate combo burger ended up being my favorite of the bunch, with the perfect amount of binding ingredients to keep the burger from falling to pieces

Recipe 72A
  • 1 lb. beef
  • 3 T breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T Cajun seasoning
  • 1 T mustard (I used dried, though it didn't specify, and I think it was the right decision
Recipe 72B
  • 1 1/3 beef
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 1/2 c. diced white onion
  • 1 clove onion
  • 1 T Cajun seasoning
  • 1 t Worcestershire sauce
Recipe 72C
  • 3 lb. beef
  • 4 oz. blue cheese
  • 1/2 c. minced fresh chives
  • 1/4 t hot pepper sauce
  • 1 t Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 t black pepper
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 t mustard, dry
Serve with sweet potato fries, a kale salad or orzo salad and of course, your beverage of choice, which lately has been either gin and tonics (from a Kenniwick gin) or a Little Sumpin' Sumpin'.

No comments: