Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday Thought

¨Child had always known that what she did was teach people to be fearless, unintimidated, to try and if necessary to try again, to cook, to taste, to enjoy, to have fun....And M.F. too, had not simply been celebrating French food and hedonism all these years; she been writing about something more essential, about how to live, to find pleasure in the moment.¨
Provence, 1970 by Luke Barr

The more I read about Julia Child, the more I admire her. Never a snob, she was about food for flavor, connection with friends and family, and fun. As I continue through the Recipe Challenge (and really through life as well), I want to emulate her adventurous spirit.

You may have noticed, I've been a little quiet on the recipe front lately. I haven't made any new recipes (from the Challenge at least), since last Tuesday. We were in Indiana last weekend for Trent's grandfather's memorial service last weekend and life was hectic leading up to it, while this week, I've been away two nights out of three. I have tomorrow off though, so hopefully I'll have just a little bit of time for cooking - maybe even one of my numerous cakes for my father's 60th birthday. We shall see. He is diabetic, so I tend to feel guilty supplying him with sweets, even though I know he'll eat them with or without me (and he has drastically cut back).

No comments: