Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Mrs. Manifold Bars - Recipe #77

Mrs. Manifold Bars are a neighborhood favorite. Our best friends' mom would make them for special occasions and we loved them. I was excited to find the recipe at my bridal shower. Unfortunately, coconut is one of the main ingredients and Trent is not a fan. What to do? Prepare them for the Book Club Oscars night, of course and share any leftovers with co-workers. I brought 8 small bars to work today and they all disappeared (though admittedly, I ate one of them myself). These are super-easy and totally decadent. I have no idea where the name came from and it looks as though there are similar bar recipes (5 layer bars, 7 layer bars, etc.) that have the addition of nuts or butterscotch chips. However you make them they are sure to be sweet and delicious - so make sure you have plenty of friends to share your bounty.

Crush 1 c. graham crackers. Melt 1 cube butter in 9 x 11¨ pan, press graham cracker crumbs into butter. Layer 1 c. sweetened coconut flakes, 1 c. chocolate chips, 1 can sweetened condensed milk. Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.

No comments: