Monday, February 2, 2015

Super Snacks - Mexican Pinwheel Appetizers - Recipe #68

Well, though the end of the SuperBowl was disappointing, the snacks were a success. We went over to visit some friends (who supplied all sorts of yummies) and I, of course took the opportunity to bring two Recipe Challenge treats, these Mexican Pinwheel Appetizers and a Beet Cake (more about that on the next post). My mother-in-law made these for a get-together and I knew that I'd want the recipe when I went through her recipe box. Simple to make - at least once you find the pimientos at the store and then subsequently open the jar - perfect for a sporty gathering with friends.

Mexican Pinwheel Appetizers
  • 1 pkg. large flour tortillas (I got the biggest size and only ended up using 3)
  • 4 oz. can chopped black olives
  • 4 oz. jar red pimientos
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
  • 3 T. chopped green onion
Mix together all ingredients except tortillas. Spread mixture on tortillas, roll, chill for 2 hours or more, then slice into circles.

No comments: