Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thursday Thought

If you have more projects than you have time for, you are not going to be an unhappy person....Things will come to you if you have the interest in the first place.
Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn by Living

Today was my last day working in the building I've worked in for four years. I'll be starting a new job on Monday and tomorrow I have a retreat with my current work group to set priorities for 2015. Much of this week was spent on more projects than I had time for. (In fact, that's why I'm posting this after work, rather than my normal pre-work post). And even though I experienced a little anxiety that I couldn't get it all done, I have also felt privileged to have so many meaningful projects to participate in.

I am all for cutting back on unnecessary commitments, but the key to this quote for me, is to make sure that you are whenever possible following projects at work and at home that you have a genuine interest in. Therein lies happiness.

No comments: