Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thursday Thought

Wake up every morning and feel excited for what you'll be doing, who you'll be meeting, and who you're becoming.
#Happiness Planner (brandmentalist.com)

The sunshine has made me giddy and when I read over this quote, I think ¨this is me¨ (never mind that on cloudy days it is MUCH harder to get moving). My morning routine sets the tone for the rest of the day and with such a glorious bike to work month, I'm even looking forward to my commute. It helps that work feels meaningful - I offered my last STARS class (where childcare providers get continuing education credit) on storytimes. Nineteen providers attended a program on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, which is incredible. I've also become inspired by an article on Five Simple Emails, leading me to be more excited about who I'm meeting. I haven't sent each type of the suggested messages, but I've been making plans, checking in with weak-ties and getting in touch with mentors.


No comments: