Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

"Do the things that interest them and do them with all your heart."

"Each of us has...all the time there is. Those years, weeks, hours are the sands in the glass running swiftly away. To let them drift through our fingers is a tragic waste. To use them to the hilt, making them count for something is the beginning of wisdom."

Eleanor Roosevelt, You Learn By Living

I've been reading inspirational non-fiction again on health, happiness and balance. One of the ARCs that I read earlier this week The Sweet Spot: How to Find Your Groove at Home and Work by Christine Carter suggested finding inspiration to make us feel more joyful. One way she does this is by covering her office walls in inspiring quotes, as well as sharing them on her blog in a series called "Thursday Thoughts", which in turn inspired this blog post. Time will tell if it becomes a series.

Anyway, I'm starting with two quotes from the historic figure that I would most like to have dinner with - Eleanor Roosevelt. I read You Learn By Living a few weeks ago and found myself scribbling quotation after quotation. I was inspired by her carpe diem mentality.

Who or what has inspired you lately?

No comments: