Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thursday Thought

¨Having it all never meant doing it all at the same time.¨
Nicolle Wallace quoted in Grow Your Value by Mika Brzezinski

Several years ago, Trent participated in a two-week sailing race around Vancouver Island. Before he left, I'd become increasingly stressed about not having enough time to do everything I felt I needed to do to be a good partner, friend, and employee while exercising, cooking healthy meals and keeping a clean(ish) house. When he was gone, I spent more time with friends and family than usual. The house was less cluttered, because I was spending less time there. I eventually came to the realization that I could choose one or two areas to excel in, even rotating between them, but doing everything at once was a fool's errand. I still struggle with this sometimes - so I love the idea that maybe I can have it all, as long as I don't expect to have it all at once.


No comments: